Here are some very useful Physical Activity and Mental Health Resources compiled by our friends at Versus Arthritis.
Physical activity animations, resources, and programmes
Getting Started Animation – here
Government Guidelines Animation – here
Let’s Move with Leon here
Let’s Move Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/letsmovewithversusarthritis
Signpost to our following resources and link to our exercise page
Other useful links and information
- Sport Wales Be Active Campaign (older adult’s resources) – here
- Sports coach UK – support for delivering virtual sessions here and here
- Moving Medicine here
- Shared decision-making tools – here
Resources for physical activity professionals to better understand mental health
- Mental Health Awareness for Sport and Physical Activity (MHASPA) eLearning
- Regional networks which bring together people working from across the physical activity, sports, mental health, community and voluntary sector to share learning, deliver training and events.
- Sport and physical activity provider toolkits
- Information for individuals including downloadable/printable resources
- Guidance on return to play
Upskilling PA professionals
As a start we’d encourage all professionals and volunteers to take the MHASPA eLearning course and attend our webinar series.
Resources to support people without access to the internet
A number of printable sheets can be downloaded from our Get Active, Feel Good webpage.